Saturday, July 23, 2011

Agnus Dei

If you were ever fortunate enough to sing Latin at Mass, what version of Agnus Dei did you sing?  I have searched all of YouTube PLUS snippet after song-snippet on Amazon (and other sites) but have never heard my version!

Attached is a video of me (except you only hear me) singing the version that I remember:



I thought that it was from the St. Gregory Hymnal; however, the two versions in here don't have the "rests" before the first "Agnus Dei" and the first "miserere".  I can vividly recall Sister hitting the wall when the rests occurred, so much so, that, in my head it is a part of the music.  She was wonderfully patient teaching us some very complex, multi-harmonied songs, often in Latin.

Leave a comment and tell me about the version you sang.

No comments:

Post a Comment